Kindermusik By Bright Beginnings Studios

Kindermusik By Bright Beginnings Studios
All Involved. All The Time.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year! New semester for Kindermusik!

Welcome to our new blog for Kindermsuik by Bright Beginnings Studios! We've launched this discussion to help you get the most of your Kindermusik experience! Check back often for our weekly posts!


Happy New Year! As soon as January 1st rolled around I was thinking of only one thing, and I can assure you it wasn't about starting my New Year's diet. I was thinking that in 8 short months, my son, Coulter, will be starting Kindergarten. August 16th to be exact. Ack! Where have the past 5 years gone? How should we spend our last lazy days at home together? How can I do my best for him? I'm running out of time!



Early childhood research shows very clearly that parents, teachers, and caregivers have until about age 5 to shape who our children are going to become. A whopping 90% of a child's personality is set by age 5. That only leaves my husband and I a few short months to make sure that Coulter is kind, compassionate, intelligent, motivated, disciplined....well, you get the idea. So, while I know that I have many years to nurture and love on my son, I am also very aware of how crucial these early years of learning are to his future.



I know because I've been teaching Kindermusik for 10 years. Kindermusik is an early childhood music and movement program for newborns-age 7. It's an amazingly satisfying job because I'm setting an early foundation that will last a lifetime. When moms, dads, grandparents, and caregivers come to class they are able to bond, laugh, and play with their children...and when they leave...they are able "sing their way home" and make music and movement part of their daily family life.



Coulter has been in Kindermusik since he was 3 months old. While I realize that he doesn't remember specifically those early classes, I know that he and I grew closer because of them. I know that while he thought he was just having fun, he was also developing social, physical, musical, cognitive, language, and problem-solving skills. I am grateful for his Kindermusik teachers and the love of music they instilled in him. Regardless of what instrument he chooses (it will be piano, of course, like there's any choice in that when your Mother is a pianist!), I know that he has started on a life-long journey of loving, appreciating, and making music.



So as you're setting resolutions and vowing, once again, to make the most of your time with your kiddos, I encourage you to consider Kindermusik. Investing in your children is always the best choice. At brightbeginnings.kindermusik.net, you'll find a full schedule with morning, evening, weekday, and weekend classes. You can also email kindermusik.brightbeginnings@gmail.com for more information. We look forward to seeing your children and their smiling faces very soon!


Miss Myra

1 comment:

  1. Great story! I totally agree as a fellow Kindermusik educator, and especially as a mom.

    ReplyDelete