Kindermusik By Bright Beginnings Studios

Kindermusik By Bright Beginnings Studios
All Involved. All The Time.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Don't have time? Ask a grandparent!

When I first started teaching Kindermusik, I had a student in Village, our baby class, who came with her Nanny. I wasn’t a mom at the time, and I thought it was a little strange. Didn’t her parents want to bring her? Didn’t her mom or dad want to treasure that time together and bond as a family?

Fast forward 9 years and NOW I get it (well, actually I “got it” just a few short months after Coulter was born.) Kindermusik is about community. Kindermusik is about children and families and all the people---parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, nannies, babysitters, and neighbors---that make up our family. Kindermusik embraces the truth that “It takes a Village.” It wasn’t that those parents didn’t want to attend, it was that they valued Kindermusik so much, they found whatever way they could to make sure their daughter had the absolute best early music experience.

Over the past several years, it’s become quite common for children to come with a grandparent or babysitter. I love the class dynamics that are created from the variety of caregivers and I love that for families like mine, who don’t have grandparents close by, we can extend our village by adopting someone else’s grandmother.

The baby that I mentioned, well, she basically grew up in Kindermusik. Someone in her village always made sure she was there. She is now one of my best piano students. She is a part of my family. Her parents are some of the most involved and dedicated parents that I know. They inspire me to make right choices for my children. They inspire me to keep signing up even though I detest the cold and the snow and basically going outside for any reason at all until April. They inspire me to keep signing up because all I have to do is look at their daughter and know that “a good beginning never ends!”

No comments:

Post a Comment