Kindermusik By Bright Beginnings Studios

Kindermusik By Bright Beginnings Studios
All Involved. All The Time.

Monday, July 12, 2010

"A-Camping We Will Go" by, Becky Schaefer

I spent the better part of my Sunday afternoon preparing for my upcoming camps. Normally I would not spend a Sunday afternoon working, but this week my schedule left no other options. Once I quit my grumbling and decided to just go do it, I actually really enjoyed my time. Maybe it was because it was so very quiet – as a mother, this is a luxury in itself. Maybe it was because I got to organize (sad, but true.) Maybe it was because I felt myself slipping into a world of make-believe. Maybe it was because I could picture each of my own children participating in these activities I was planning. Maybe it was because I could imagine all the possibilities. Whatever the reason, as I sifted through the hundreds of different craft supplies, gathered dress-up clothes, chose fun instruments, and listened to the catchy music, I found myself very excited to teach these camps next week.
From a teacher perspective, I get why camps are so beneficial. From a parent perspective, you may not be completely sold – yet. I will do my best to get you there. 
There are some guarantees for any Kindermusik camp or class you choose. Your child will experience music and movement in a nurturing environment. All Kindermusik camps/classes are designed to reach each part of your child – social, emotional, musical, cognitive, language, physical – and to nurture development in each of those areas. Our goal is, “All involved, all the time.” We are proud of this and strive to achieve that at every class. My favorite promise, though, is that we will have a lot of fun!
In addition to all of this, there are some benefits unique to the camps. There is the factor of continuity. While some may be a little hesitant on Day 1, most of the children feel quite settled in and comfortable on Day 2 already. The whole experience is fresh in their minds – the teacher, the other children and grownups, the room, the music, the routine. Because this routine is established on the first day, we can spend the remainder of the days focused on the content of the class. Some of the songs and activities repeat from day to day, and therefore, retention is high. In Kindermusik, we do so much scaffolding – taking what the child knows and building on it from there - encouraging them to expand their horizons. When we gently challenge our children each day, learning is bound to take place. When your child finishes camp at the end of the week, he/she will leave with new songs, new activities, new appreciations, new experiences, and new ideas.
Three week-long music camps begin the week of July 19; there are openings for all ages and all families. Zoo Train (Newborn–7 yrs. [Multi-Age]) from 6:00-7:15 p.m.; Confetti Days (3 & 4 yrs) from 1:00-1:55 p.m. ; Rockin' & Rollin' (4 ½ – 8 yrs) from 1:00-2:15 p.m. OR 2:30–3:45 p.m. We would be honored if you would spend some time with us this summer – let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment